In my honest opinion

Thursday, July 07, 2005

one word for you to think about, in one day [Peace]

For one day you said you have been bored, you had nothing to do.
You sat home, watched tv, ate, slept.
You groan about your bad day.
One word for you, Iraq.
Definition= lucky to have any electricity, lucky to be living, afraid for your own life. Food?
That's the least of your worries.

For one day you said you were too busy to be happy.
You sat at work, worked on the house, the yard, helped your family.
One word for you, Soldier (in Iraq).
Definition= too busy defending other people, working on protecting their environment, working on not dying yourself.
You miss your work at home.

For one second, you understand just how lucky you are.
And let yourself take knowledge of your greed.
One word for you, America.
Definition= living life in your own "safe" world. Sure, you think horrible things happen that you wish didn't. But there's nothing you can do about that, so whine about how horrid your own life is.
It's only human to complain.

For millions of people, being killed, being injured, being caught in the middle of all this.
One word is all you don't know.
PEACE.
Definition, you have none, all you know is war, all you know is devastation.
The only thing close to
peace
you know of is a hint of happiness,from receiving just one thing to give you hop, one thing to eat or drink, one thing to sleep in, one person to help you through.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger psychobabbler said…

    Thanks for vising my blog.


    I really like this entry a lot, it's very thought provoking and well written. I'll show others it as well.

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    it is confusing. still taking time to figure it out :] good luck!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Sarah Liz said…

    haha Im sorry it is confusing to you i be chor...sometimes this world is a confusing place. Mostly I'm trying to express greed and how we sometimes take things for granted. Thanks for taking the time though. I am very honored.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Steve said…

    You visited my blog, too! Thanks! I'd rather not think about Iraq, though. Why are soldiers over there in the first place? Some president thinks that its a good idea to chase terrorists in a country that didn't even export the ones we are supposedly after? Anyway, if you feel like visiting my blog again someday, stop on by www.badlogik.blogspot.com. Thanks!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Forzavryheid said…

    Amazing stuff. ESPECIALLY given your age!

    Worthy of a literary award at least!

    THANKS FOR VISITING.

    http://offmyblog.blogspot.com

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger JRae said…

    I was just complaining the other day about how bored I was with my job and lifestyle... and my boyfriend quickly pointed out how much more fortunate I am than most others in the world. Puts things in perspective definitely... thanks! :)

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Forzavryheid said…

    I hope you don't mind that I linked you on my Blog?

    BRILLIANT posts!

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Sarah Liz said…

    Thanks to everyone. I love you guys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Some good blogs to visit: http://reasonablyright.blogspot.com/