In my honest opinion

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

You are your religion so how love regardless of a persons religion?

_______Religion is part of a person. Sometimes a huge significance. But is it right to judge a person by their religion?
You probably have heard it before. If not, I'm sorry to be the first to introduce it to you. I highly doubt you haven't though. It goes a little like this, "This girl was at a party and told me something rude, that's why I don't like that religion anymore". Or it can be in this form, "That religion has so many rules and things I don't believe in, how can those people stand it?".
Plain and true here folks, it's really none of your business if the person down the street or goes to school with your kids is of a different religion sect. Have you not heard of respect, freedom, heck, have you not heard of the human mind? They all feed off diversity.
So what, the Latter day saints can't smoke, drink. So what the Catholics have a history of rape. So what Christians don't swear, Buddhists don't believe in God. News flash people! People are who they WANT to be! Some latter day saints drink, some Catholics don't rape, some Christians curse like there are only profane words in their mental vocabulary.
So basically, I'm sick of hearing it. Sick of hearing, "that religion is crazy for believing this", or "that religion makes no sense". I'm sure there are reasons they believe in what they are doing and you can't change that fact unless they want to change it.
The biggest problem I hear is when I hear a religion used as a label of all the followers. Such as, "This religion is so crazy, once this member of the church went to a meeting and voiced out a totally insane idea. Those people are crazy". All I have say to people who judge any person by someone who shares the same religion is, YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE AND MIGHT I ADD STEREOTYPICAL?
Post Script- Sorry to use 'this' and 'that' so much, I wanted to use the least amount ofreal names as possible.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Some good blogs to visit: http://reasonablyright.blogspot.com/